What do you want to be known for?
We started this podcast to inspire business owners to share their stories about their legacy in order to help others find their path. We have found that when most people think about legacy, they automatically think about transferring assets to their heirs, a charity or foundation for the betterment of their family or society as a whole...
But is that all you are? Money.
Is that all you want to be remembered for? Your net worth.
Leaving money without meaning means almost certainly that it will be spent by the third generation.
Who you are... what you've worked so hard to build... through good times and bad, long days long weekends, and long nights. That's not just about assets and money. There's more to you and your legacy than that. And it goes much deeper.
What about your wisdom, ethics, or values? What stories do you want to pass on to the next generation? Your wisdom, your ethics, and your stories all form your values and your beliefs. This is what people need to know. And those are the reasons why you will be remembered.
How do you want to be remembered?
What do you want to pass along to the next generation?
There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself. And they're very difficult to answer for many.
Think about the most famous business owners in history, and why they remembered.
Rockefeller, Carnegie, Gates, Buffett, of course, they're all super-rich and super successful, but they are most remembered for their values and their beliefs, and the impact of those values and the beliefs on society.
For example, Carnegie had a core belief that he passed on through his foundation. This foundation has been around for about 150 years, it's given millions upon millions of dollars to US public libraries. That core belief that Mr. Carnegie had is if you provide free access to information then, anybody can be successful in America.
That's why we remember him.
So that's what we do. We help successful business owners build a lasting and meaningful legacy. By providing the oversight and guidance for anything that affects your life financially. We make sure that everything you work so hard to build goes almost exclusively to build that meaningful and lasting legacy.
What do you want your legacy to be?
If you are looking for further inspiration about how to think about Legacy, we have included some resources to help you think about legacy from our hosts.
If you are still struggling with your vision of what legacy means to you, we have the solution. We discuss these topics and more on our show. Our hosts have a fun and engaging style of interviewing guests. They are business advisors who have guided hundreds of leaders through succession and exit planning (and actually make it fun).
If you need more guidance than just the show, contact us to learn more about how we can help.
This could be one of the most important conversations you have in your life.
Legacy Resources For Business Owners:
- How To Think About Legacy Like The Rockefellers: Secrets of Building a Lasting Legacy
- How Much Do I Need To Retire: The Ultimate Guide to Retiring Comfortably
- Are Your Succession Plans in Order?
- Top 10 Ways Wealthy Families Protect and Grow Their Wealth
- Defined Benefit Plan: The Best Retirement Plan You Have Never Heard Of
- Case Studies: Conversations about Legacy
- The Business Owners Guide to Choosing the Best 401k Plan Advisor
- Legacy Secrets: Bill Gates
- Case Study: How I Helped a Client Cut $95,000 From Their Health Plan Premiums
- How proper Legacy planning can preserve your wealth and continue to grow it generations later.
- 4 Ways a Legacy Driven Mindset Will Define Your Future
- Legacy Secrets: Why You Need a Free Informal Business Valuation
- 3 Things You Can Do To Protect The Value of Your Business
- 5 Things You Have to Do Before You Sell Your Business
- 6 Things Your Health Insurance Broker Doesn't Want You To Know
- 5 Ways to Increase The Sale Value of Your Business Today
- 7 Things Your 401k Provider Doesn't Want You To Know
- 5 Kinds of Business Owner Risk... Including the Granddaddy of Them All
- How To Slash Your Health Insurance Premiums
- Legacy Secrets: Why You Periodically Need a Free Informal Business Valuation
- 5 Kinds of Business Owner Risk Including the Granddaddy of them All
- 3 Things You Can Do To Protect The Value Of Your Business
- Are Your Succession Plans In Order? 5 Reasons This Should Be Your Top Priority
- 4 Ways A Legacy Driven Mindset Will Define Your Future
- How Proper Legacy Planning Can Preserve Your Wealth And Continue To Grow It Generations Later
- Learn How To Profit First With These Financial Management Basics. So Simple a 6th Grader Can Do It
- Top 10 Tax Saving Strategies for Business Owners